These days, email should be a vital part of the marketing strategy for every internet marketing business. As digital devices become more popular each day, it has become increasingly important for business owners and marketers to reach people where they are. Not only is email marketing one of the easiest ways to do this, but it also gives you a chance to build familiarity with your customers so that they can get to know your brand in an intimate way. For those who are considering expanding their marketing horizons, take these seven solid Email Marketing Tips into consideration as you get started:
1. Make sure that you give your readers plenty of chances to subscribe. Your sign-up box should be visible on nearly every page of your website, and it’s also a good idea to provide these links via social media as well.
2. When people sign up to your list, be sure to follow up with them immediately. They’ll appreciate the warm welcome and be reminded of why they joined your list.
3. List segmentation is key. You can separate people into groups (e.g. people who purchased a certain product) to make sure that they’re only getting relevant content.
4. Send content regularly. If you wait weeks or months to send your next offer or newsletter, your subscribers may quickly forget about you. Furthermore, they may be more likely to report your email as spam if they don’t remember you.
5. Testing is valuable. You need to test different headlines as well as email timing and frequency so that you can see what your subscribers respond best to. Check your statistics frequently so you know when and what to tweak.
6. Ensure that your content is share-able. Give your customers a shortened link to share content on social media profiles.
7. Don’t forget that many of your customers are on mobile devices. Consequently, you need to make sure your emails are optimized for mobile.
In order for your home internet business to grow, you need customers who know, like, and trust you. When you take the time to build a relationship with them, they are more likely to stay loyal to your brand and to recommend it to others. Use email marketing to learn about your list, and then deliver the compelling content they want so that they keep coming back to you as a trusted authority time and again.